Raz Silberman, President
He acquired the company in 2013 and is the sole owner of the company. As the President of the company, he has responsibility for the company strategy, as well as it day-to-day operations.
Prior to acquiring American Century in 2013, Raz had a corporate finance career of over 20 years that included senior positions with Fortune 500, mid-size, and small companies in various industries including financial services, defense & aerospace, software, and professional services.
Raz has an MBA from the University of Manchester, England. He also earned a CPA from the State of Illinois, and a CGA designation in from Ontario, Canada.
Eddie Mire, Actuary
Mr. Mire has been a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries since 1988 and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries since 1984. He is also a Member of the Actuaries Club of the Southwest. Mr. Mire is qualified as a Valuation Actuary to certify reserves for both life and health insurance companies. He is also qualified as an Illustration Actuary.
Mr. Mire’s areas of expertise include: (1) product development of individual life insurance, health insurance and annuity products, including pricing, agency compensation, benefit structure design, policy form design and product filings with state insurance departments; (2) determination of actuarial liabilities and actuarial assets for the financial statements of life and health insurance companies, including cash flow projections for life insurance companies used in the determination of asset adequacy testing and reserve adequacy analysis; (3) life insurance sales illustration regulatory compliance; (4) regulatory compliance for life and health insurance companies, including requirements for policy form design, valuation, nonforfeiture, market conduct and merger/acquisition activities; and (5) assessment of value of life and health insurance companies and assistance in merger and acquisition activities. Mr. Mire also has extensive experience in Pre-need Insurance, Credit Insurance and Fraternal Benefit Societies, including product design, pricing, compensation, valuation and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Mire is a graduate from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Actuarial Science (with honors). He also attended Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana prior to the University of Texas.
Janet McGinty, Regulatory Accounting
Janet’s major strengths include a detailed understanding of insurance companies’ financial statements along with al the statutory filing requirements.
She has a B.S. in accounting from Louisiana State University.
Doug Kinzie, Blake Murry, and Justin Close, Investments
They have deep experience in advising insurance companies and have a number of other life insurance companies as clients.
David Gibson, Legal
– Business and Commercial Litigation
– Contracts and Business Support
– Commercial and Consumer Fraud
– Cornell Law School, J.D., with honors and a concentration in advocacy, 1991. While at Cornell, David won the prestigious First Year Moot Court Competition, worked in the Cornell Legal Aid Clinic, and served on both the Moot Court Board and as Executive Editor of the International Law Journal.
– Trinity University in San Antonio, B.A. in economics with honors, 1987.
– State Bar of Texas, Judicial Section, Member, 1998 – present
– Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member and Past Director, 2003 – present
– Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, 2002 – present
– Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2002 – 2007
– William ‘Mac’ Taylor American Inn of Court, Master, 1999 – 2007
– Texas, 1991
– United States Supreme Court
– Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
– United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
– United States District Court for the Northern District of California
– United States District Court for the District of Arizona
Rodney Case, Auditor/Tax Advisor
He has special knowledge in performing attest work for nonprofit organizations and a wide variety of nonpublic industries, including construction and manufacturing. Rodney performs peer review services for other CPA firms. He also holds the designation as Master Analyst in Financial Forensics.
Rodney serves on numerous nonprofit boards and committees, and is currently the past president of the Wichita Falls Optimist Club. He attends First Baptist Church of Holliday. He is married to Amy with a son and a daughter. Rodney enjoys watching his kids in their activities, traveling and working out.